Physical Starlight and Atmosphere v1.2 will not work with Blender 2.80
Physical Starlight and Atmosphere installation instructions
1. Download the "physical-starlight-atmosphere-1.2.zip" file.
2a. If you are installing it for the first time:
- Open Blender.
- Go to Edit/Preferences.
- Choose "Add-ons" tab and press "Install..." button.
- Locate the .zip file and press "Install Add-on".
- You will see the newly installed add-on, enable it by checking the checkbox.
- Wait till it registers. Voila!
2b. If you are updating to a newer add-on version (or the method above did not work):
I recommend removing previous version of the addon. For now this is the only option I can assure that addon will work properly. To do that:
- Go to the Blender addons location:
Windows 7 / 10
From Finder in the Go dropdown holding Command key will expand and show Library where you can access the local data of Blender.
- Remove "physicalStarlightAtmosphere" folder.
- Then do the normal Blender addon installation (2a.)
- Copy the contents of the .zip to the /scripts/addons directory
- Open Blender and enable the add-on. (Edit/Preferences/Add-ons/ search for "atmosphere" - tick the checkbox)
"Physical Starlight and Atmosphere" is not installing!
Please remove the old addon folder before installing a new version. (see 2b.)
Do not try to install it on the Blender install directory itself. example - C:\ProgramFiles\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.XX\scripts\addons - NOT HERE (see 2b.)
On Macs, browser (or Finder?) sometimes automatically unzips .zip files. You need to install the .zip file!
"Physical Starlight and Atmosphere" won't enable!
- Try reopening Blender.
- Check installation.
- "Physical Starlight and Atmosphere" only works with Blender 2.8 and above.